Posted: October 21st, 2021
In this assignment, you will be completing a health assessment on an older adult. To complete this assignment, do the following:
1. Perform a health history on an older adult. Students who do not work in an acute setting may “practice” these skills with a patient, community member, neighbor, friend, colleague, or loved one. (If an older individual is not available, you may choose a younger individual).
2. Complete a physical examination of the client using the “Individual Client Health History and Examination Assignment” resource. Use the “Functional Health Pattern Assessment” resource as a guideline to assist you in completing the template.
3. Document findings of complete physical examination in Situation-Background-Assessment-Recommendation (SBAR) format. Refer to the sample SBAR Template located on the National Nurse Leadership Council website athttps://www.ihs.gov/nnlc/includes/themes/newihstheme/display_objects/documents/resources/SBARTEMPLATE.pdf as a guide.
4. Document the findings of the physical examination in the assessment worksheet.
5. Using the “Individual Health History and Examination Assignment” resource, provide the physical examination findings summary with planned interventions for the client. Include any community services in the interventions.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. Individual client health history
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.